Our Personal Office experience: The best version of you is going to
COMPLEXITY, MEET SIMPLICITY.Our proprietary methodologies and services are proven to simplify complex situations seamlessly with your goals—no matter the changes in your life—leaving you to focus on living your best possible life during and after your career.
Wealth AdvisoryWe help you preserve and grow the wealth you’ve accumulated over the course of your lifetime. Whether you’re planning for the near-term or the long-term, we provide services that ensure financial security for years to come.
This minimizes tax liabilities, while also diversifying your investments and ensuring your assets are managed in the most tax-efficient manner.Services include:
- Investment tax strategies
- Deduction planning
- Year-end tax planning
- Charitable giving, gift and estate tax planning
Preparation of individual and fiduciary tax returns for:
- Corporate and S corp
- Prior year returns
- Out-of-state returns
- Stock options
- Deferred compensation
- Restricted stock
- Key man benefits
- Bonus compensation
To ensure you continue to achieve your goals in the next stage of your life, our personalized approach to retirement planning incorporates:
- Income distribution planning
- Investment management
- Social Security planning
- Health care planning
- Long-term care planning
- Estate planning and risk management
- Executive compensation consulting
- Key employee planning
- Tax planning
- Business succession planning
- Employee benefit planning
- Retirement services—qualified and non-qualified plans
- Portfolio management
- Asset allocation
- Cash management
We work diligently to make your wishes a reality, whether you want to maximize inheritance for your heirs, keep the family business in the family or leave a philanthropic legacy. With an emphasis on reducing estate taxes and minimizing probate costs, we assemble a team of experienced professionals to work with you and your other advisors to help with the valuation and distribution of your assets, succession planning, fiduciary income tax preparation, trust administration, charitable trusts, foundations and estate settlement.
In addition to benefiting the institution, charitable gifts can be an effective planning tool for dealing with highly appreciated stock, providing an income stream for life and supporting wealth transfer planning for the next generation.
- Identifying national education opportunities available to your children
- Helping you utilize a 529 plan for K-12 tuition to fully benefit from various tax-saving strategies
- Integrating student loans, government loans and scholarships into the financial planning process
- FAFSA® documents and scholarship application assistance
Investment AdvisoryWe take a personalized, holistic approach, leveraging broad portfolio diversification across multiple asset classes and investment strategies that provide significant risk-adjusted value for you and your family.
Our proprietary approach to manager selection identifies an appropriate mix of investments consistent with your values and goals, your comfort with risk and your current time horizon and assets. We utilize researched strategies, access to institutional-class money managers and investment vehicles to put your customized plan into action. Three underlying core tenants always govern our investment approach:Well-Diversified Portfolios
- Find opportunities and meet long-term goals
- Invest client portfolios in over 20 asset segments across the full investment spectrum—domestic and global, equity and fixed income, developed and emerging markets, real assets and alternative strategies
- Maintain fully invested positions in all economic environments and market conditions
- Rebalance periodically to maintain strategic asset allocations among all holdings
- Create a tailored financial plan and Personal Office™ experience
- Utilize various strategies and portfolio construction techniques to meet client needs, including:
- Active and passive investment strategies
- Tax-aware and tax-efficient portfolio construction
- Multiple investment structures—e.g., mutual funds, ETFs, closed-end funds, private placements, separate accounts, alternative investment strategies
Lifestyle Advisory & ManagementWe understand the demands of your career and your lifestyle. That’s why we provide services that handle day-to-day tasks and planning, leaving you with more time to focus on your career, your interests and your family.
- Managing money movement between your bank and NorthRock Partners’ custodian
- Cash flow reports that enable you to see exactly what you’re spending each month
- Issue resolution through our strong relationships with national banking institutions
- Assistance with merchant issues, like help in resolving card disputes
- Assistance getting utilities set up or shut off when you move
Proper planning requires more than a snapshot, so we also consider how income and expenses will change over time, factoring in large changes such as inheritances and major one-time expenses, along with inevitable salary changes and taxes.
We make available direct access to a variety of lending solutions designed to help you meet those needs.
Drawing on an unparalleled selection of insurance products, we structure programs that will provide instant liquidity for an estate tax need, to protect a business, to replace income in the event of death or disability and in the event of other unforeseen circumstances.
- Exclusive access to special events
- Catering services
- Travel arrangements
- Navigating and managing member rewards
- Relocation services
- Vehicle research and acquisition
- Property management
- Recruiting, hiring and training of personal assistants
- Personal shopping